It’s been a while since I’ve posted, perhaps long enough to make some people (including me) wonder if I’ve abandoned this venture…. but today I have several things to offer up in thanksgiving that I’d like to share. I just returned from eight incredible days of travel, and there is much to be thankful for…
- I’m thankful for candidates for the ministry of Word and Sacrament who inspire and show incredible insight into the life of faith even as they do difficult work on ordination exams.
- I’m thankful for ministers and elders who take time out to evaluate and assist those who are journeying into ministry with honesty and grace.
- I’m thankful for friends whose presence can be meaningful and grace-filled even when words are not spoken.
- I’m thankful for the connectional church that binds us together across the miles.
- I’m thankful for friends who show hospitality, grace, and generosity.
- I’m thankful for the beauty of God’s creation in nature and in human creativity.
- I’m thankful for moments when reconciliation gets lived out.
- I’m thankful for an approach to LaGuardia that gives an incredible grand tour of NYC and everything around!
- I’m thankful for safe travels, including four flights with no significant delays or lost baggage!
It’s been a long eight days. Today is a holiday, but there is of course a meeting tonight!